Closing Date: October 21, 2022
- Reliance High-Tech is the UK’s largest independent integrator of security solutions. It is trusted by leading brands and organisations to protect their people, assets and reputations through innovative technology and specialist expertise.
- Unique in the industry, Reliance High-Tech combines the capability and footprint of a large organisation, with the agility and customer focus of an independent business.
- The team at Reliance High-Tech draw on their considerable IT expertise and sector experience to serve organisations across a wide range of industry sectors that require advanced, bespoke security solutions and the highest-level security clearances.
For more information about our business, visit www.reliancehightech.co.uk
- Provide an initial assessment of the technical content and feasibility of opportunities to assist the Head of Bid & Design in the Bid/No Bid process
- Prepare system designs to the specification/requirement that are both technically and commercially advantageous to Reliance High-Tech
- Carry out site surveys, in association with sub-contractors where necessary
- Prepare supporting information including but not limited to Schematic Drawings, Layout Plans, Gantt Charts, Risk registers as required
- Liaise closely with the Procurement Team to enable costings to be sought from suppliers and sub-contractors for the equipment and services required
- Assemble the costing sheet ensuring that it aligns with the requirements of the tender or enquiry
- Prepare detailed written technical design and solution summaries for inclusion in our written tender return/proposal
- Ensure that we capture all project/technical risks as part of the design process
- Support the Sales Team in client meetings and visits/presentations to both fully understand the opportunity, facilitate successful order conversion and provide technical support and guidance
- Provide day-to-day design contact for any allocated key clients
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the Security Industry
- High-level of competence in the design of Electronic Security Solutions
- Good understanding of IT systems & networking principles
- Good appreciation of the Commercial aspects of the design and bid process
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
In addition to the above, the following knowledge and experience would be desirable:
- Good understanding of associated disciplines including general electrical installation, cabling and civil works
- Experience with AutoCAD and Microsoft Visio software for 2D drafting
- Experience in customer support/account management
What are we looking for
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work well in a team and independently, and is highly self-motivated with a positive, flexible, and pro-active approach. To be successful in this role you will need to be organised and efficient with excellent attention to detail and good problem-solving skills. Being able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines as well as having an interest in helping others are also key attributes we are seeking in the correct candidate.