Full Stack Web Developer
Do you want to join a team of outstanding and dedicated individuals within one the most dynamic and forward-thinking companies in the security and lone worker industry?
If your skills, ambition, and ethos match our values below – call us.
– Working with the software development team reporting to the Head of Development you will be responsible for building and maintaining web solutions from specification through to final deployment
– To propel our digital and technology journey for key areas of our business developing complimentary software solutions that integrate COTS solutions, bespoke hardware and produce unique Reliance platforms and solutions that delight our customers
– Driven, with an eye to recognise areas of improvement that can drive efficiency savings through automation and deliver technical solutions through the team that deliver levels of excellence for internal and external customers alike. You will be working in a fast-paced, energetic but supportive and friendly environment with potential for shaping the future of our solutions
– We generally work on projects as a team, although you may sometimes work on projects on your own. We share best practices across the team and gain consensus for common approaches without forcing projects to be developed in a restrictive way
– We are looking for somebody who is passionate about building the best software solutions which run smoothly and intuitively
Reliance High-Tech is the UK’s largest independent integrator/installer of security solutions / lone worker solutions. We are trusted by leading brands and organisations to protect their people, assets and reputations through innovative technology and specialist expertise.
Unique in the industry, Reliance High-Tech combines the capability and footprint of a large organisation, with the agility and customer focus of an independent business.
We operate at the top end, for the most discerning clients, in the most demanding and complex environments with the highest stakes, and always with integrity and customer focus
For more information about our business, visit www.reliancehightech.co.uk.
– Working on new and existing applications, understanding customer expectations and translating them into efficient and robust solutions
– Liaising with the wider team to develop specifications for new applications and make improvements to existing applications
– Working with other members of the development team, you’ll be helping to plan the next iterations of our applications, contributing to our work on turning new ideas and specifications into database structures, user functionality, and intuitive interfaces
– Providing support to new and existing internal customers and helping resolve any software issues that occur
– Being part of a small team, the expectation is to turn your hand to multiple technologies and to be agile in your approach day to day
– You have to be an excellent communicator, have the ability to eliminate jargon when necessary and be able to dive deep into technical details when working with development staff
– Knowledge sharing is a key attribute which our team practices
– Experience with PHP and PHP Frameworks, Cake PHP or other
– MySQL / Azure SQL
– Agile Scrum
– You must be an avid learner, keeping up to date with new technology to evaluate its impact on Reliance High Tech.
– Passionate about the deployment process, continuous integration, quality control, application infrastructure, environment, data, code and processes. With a strong desire to automate information delivery and reporting, especially, about potential issues or what could later become an issue; ‘preventative maintenance’ is your byword.
– Experience in any of the following would be beneficial but not essential:
– Microservice Architecture
To express an interest in this role please send your CV and a covering letter to Careers@Reliancehightech.co.uk no later than August 30, 2023. All job candidates will be screened to BS7858 standards to meet Reliance High-Tech’s / Reliance Protects vetting standards.
Closing Date: August 30, 2023