Who we are
This website is operated by Reliance High-Tech Limited. We are the UK’s leading independent security technology integrator and provider of Lone Worker safety services under the Reliance Protect brand. For more information see the about us page.
For example, we may monitor how many times you visit the website, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of a user’s internet service provider. This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. For instructions on how to manage cookies, please read the ‘Help’ section of your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result and it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time);
- obtain information about your preferences and use of our website;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content and to help us better understand our users’ requirements;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Types of cookies
The cookies we place on your device fall into the following categories:
- Session cookies — these allow our website to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards
- Persistent cookies — these are stored on your device in between browser sessions. These allow your preferences or actions across our website to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache
- Performance cookies — these cookies collect information about how you use our website, eg which pages you go to most often. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous, and is only used to improve how our website works
- Targeting cookies — also known as advertising cookies, these cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement on our website and help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
The cookies we use
The table below provides more information about the cookies we use and why:
|The cookies we use
|What they do
|Site preference cookies
|In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page that is affected by your preferences.
|Google Tag Manager/Google Analytics, third party cookies
On first visiting our website, we will ask for your permission (consent) to place cookies or other similar technologies on your device. We will infer consent if you have seen the notice and click through and actively continue using the website.
How to check or turn off cookies
You can check and amend your cookie settings at any time by clicking on the little cookie in the bottom left hand corner of the screen. If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies.
How to contact us
Changes to this policy
This policy was published on 20 February 2019 and last updated on 10 February 2023.
We may change this policy from time to time, when we do we will inform you by updating the policy on the website.